DISCOVER ‘REMARKSABLE’ VALUE EVERYDAY WITH M&S RIPON
With many families in Ripon getting back into the school routine, now’s the perfect time to refresh your mid-week meal arsenal. If you’re looking for new inspiration that will also help the pennies stretch further, read on for quick and easy food hacks from the Store Manager at M&S Ripon, Paul Niccol, using M&S’s Remarksable Value range…
• Our Remarksable Value range is M&S’s promise to deliver hundreds of essentials with the M&S quality you can trust, at great-value everyday prices you’ll love. It includes everything from responsibly sourced Scottish salmon and 100% traceable British beef to RSPCA Assured milk and M&S Select Farms fruit and veg.
• Every day should start with a nutritious and filling breakfast – if you’re bundling the kids off to school and eating on the move, why not top your toast with our crunchy peanut butter (£1.35, 340g), sliced M&S Select Farms bananas (76p per kg), and a sprinkle of cinnamon? Delicious! • For days when I need a late afternoon snack, I layer my toast with M&S Select Farms iceberg lettuce (60p each), M&S Select Farms cucumber (60p each), and pole- and line-caught tuna (£1.10, 160g).
• On Friday nights I find myself craving a pizza and, for a twist, I turn to a quick four-ingredient recipe with Remarksable Value ingredients, using tortilla wraps as my base! To make them yourself, blitz tinned tomatoes and spoon them over the tortillas. Top with cheddar cheese (£1.85 for 350g) and thinly sliced red onions (or any veg you have handy!) before baking under the grill until the cheese has melted.
• On my days off, I’m all about meal prep for the week ahead. With colder months to come now’s the time to dust off your soup recipes – I’m loving British pea soup at the minute and it’s really easy to make. You start by frying a sliced onion in oil. I then add in two sliced potatoes with veg stock and leave everything to simmer until the potatoes are tender. At that point, I throw in 500g frozen peas and leave until the peas are cooked through. I then blitz until smooth and top with lemon juice and fresh mint. The soup lasts in the fridge for a few days in a sealed tub, though it tends to be eaten in a couple of days in my house!
• When it comes to family favourites, you can’t beat a good pasta dish. For me, Chris Baber’s British twist on the classic Italian carbonara is a winner. It’s made with mature cheddar cheese, crisp bacon and sweet peas in a rich egg sauce and works out at just £1.63 per portion. I serve it with a simple salad of lettuce, tomato and cucumber, lightly tossed in a homemade dressing of olive oil, honey and balsamic glaze. For the full recipe, visit the ‘Feed your family for less with Chris Baber’ page on our website.
M&S Ripon is open from Monday to Saturday, 8am – 8pm and Sunday, 10am – 4pm. M&S Ripon, Unit 1 St Michael’s Way, Rotary Way, Ripon, HG4 1FE. We currently have a competition running with them over on our Facebook page.