Create your own red white & blue bunting
Give your party a royal theme with your own designs of red, white & blue bunting! There is a great free bunting template which you can download here. Grab your paints, crayons, pens and crafting materials and get busy! Once the designs are complete simple cut the flags and attach together with ribbon or string!
Design your own Wedding party hat and have a competition for the best design!
This one will have to be done in advance.
Grab some old newspaper, PVA glue, some balloons and some paint and create your own wedding party hat from Papier mache!! For a top hat try using a flower pot covered in cling film for your mould!
- blow up the balloons to slightly bigger than head size
- cover the top of the balloon in the newspaper and PVA glue. Add 2 -3 layers. This will take around 2 days to dry.
- Once the hat is dry pop the balloon or remove it from the cling film.
- To add a brim to your hat simple take your dry moulded hat and place on a surface covered in cling film. Set the hat at the centre so you can papier mache around it. First, add long paper strips around the hat to fix it in place on the brim. Build the brim with 3 layers of papier mache.
- The brim doesn’t need to be flat, it can be moulded into any shape you wish!
Make a bonnet brim by placing 4 cans underneath the rim.
Make a Cowboy hat brim by using something to hold up the edges as the papier mache dries.
Use a tray covered in cling film as your surface to and papier mache up the rims of the tray to create a lip around your brim.
- Paint your hat or you could use crepe paper or wrapping paper to cover it!
- Add feathers, ribbons, flowers or even stickers to your hat!
Have a Picnic
Set out the picnic blanket in the garden (if the sun is shining!!) or in front of the telly and enjoy some best of British favourites! You could even add some of our…
Red, White & Blue Baking Idea’s
Get the aprons out and whip up a storm (or a flour cloud!) in the kitchen with the kids!
These are our favourite recipes for Royal Wedding themed goodies.
Blush Meringues try using food colouring to make red and blue meringues!
Red, White & Blue Strawberries are perfect to make with your littlest ones.
Red, White & Blue Swirl Cookies
Red, White & Blue Cupcakes these might be aimed at 4th July but there’s no reason you couldn’t enjoy these at a Royal Wedding Party! You could even have a royal wedding (cup) cake competition!
Or for the quintessentially English try adding blueberries to your Strawberries & cream or try blackberry jam on your scones!
Fancy Dress Theme
We all know how kids love to dress up at any occasion so why not have the kids don their best “bridesmaid” or princess dresses or they could come in their military uniforms, as knights or their Sunday best!