MOTHER SHIPTON’S ADVENTURE PLAYGROUND REOPENS ON THE 4TH JULY!
Admission includes: Pixie Village Trail, Adventure Playground, Cave, Petrifying Well, Wishing Well and Gift Shop.
Visitors must pre-book an arrival slot and will be given 2.5 hours to explore the attraction. £25 per car term-time weekdays, £30 per car weekends and school holidays (max 7 people per car), including parking. Please note that minibuses and motorhomes will not be allowed. Unfortunately, pedestrians without a car will not be able to visit at the moment – this is to reduce contact upon admission.
Picnics are welcome, ice creams and drinks are also available to purchase within the attraction.
Dogs are welcome everywhere except the adventure playground and must be kept on a lead.
There are three sets of steps in the attraction which are not wheelchair accessible and pushchairs must be parked at the bottom of these steps – we recommend bringing a sling.
The Pixie Village runs until 6th September 2020.
The Pixie Village event will not include any confined spaces and our actors will not be interacting for this event which will reduce large gatherings of crowds and physical contact. Visitors will be provided with a trail sheet to explore the natural woodland at their own pace.
Have you ever dreamt of stepping into an utterly enchanted realm? Deep in the captivating woodland, filled with fairy rings and secret doorways, pixies are waiting to play! Tread carefully through the land of the woodland people and keep your eyes peeled as you follow the trail to see their tiny houses. Play in the wilderness like real pixie folk, dance like a fluttering fairy and discover the secrets of forest folklore.
How do I book my time slot?
· Admissions must be booked online in advance. Sessions allow 2.5 hours from when the slot starts for visitors to enjoy the attraction. Sessions start from 9.30am with slots every 10 minutes to stagger arrival times.
· Please arrive promptly for your allocated time slot and leave by the end of your session.
What do I need to bring with me?
· Upon arrival, please display your booking confirmation barcode. You can print this or show it on your phone. You will not be allowed admission to the attraction without a valid pre-booked ticket.
Can I arrive without a car?
· Pedestrian access will not be allowed at this time and bookings will be for cars only, this is to reduce contact upon admission.
What Safety Precautions are in place?
· Signage – to show where to space out and leave a 2m distance – demonstrating effective hand washing – warning of narrow passages – showing one-way systems.
· Staff will be continually cleaning throughout the attraction.
· Staff have protective face masks and access to hand sanitizers.
· Limiting the number of tickets per day to avoid overcrowding.
Can we visit the town of Knaresborough while we are here?
· Parking is for the attraction only, if you wish to visit the town of Knaresborough there are town car parks, but you will not be allowed re-entry to the attraction.
· The only entrance will be on High Bridge, the entrance on Low Bridge will be closed.
Will the playground be open?
· The adventure playground reopens on the 4th July. Please supervise children at all times and respect social distancing.
Will your toilets be open?
· Yes, our toilets will be open for our visitors to use. They are located at the main gate and port-a-loos in the middle of the park. As always, we will be cleaning these regularly.
Will the Museum and Gift Shop be open?
· Yes, the Museum and the Gift Shop are open. Please pay by contactless card payment where possible. There will be a limited capacity of visitors allowed in the Gift Shop at any time.
Will there be refreshments available?
· Yes, there are ice creams, hot drinks and cakes available near the Adventure Playground.
Can I bring a picnic?
· Yes, you can bring a picnic, but you should bring your own picnic blanket and put your rubbish in the bins provided.
Can I bring a barbecue?
· No, barbecues are not permitted.
Can I bring my dog?
· Yes, dogs are allowed but must be kept on a lead at all times.
Can I use my Complimentary/Open ticket?
· You will need to book a time slot, if you have a complimentary or open ticket and you would like to visit us at this time, please contact us at email@example.com
I’m an Annual Member, do I need to pre-book?
· If you are a member, you will need to book in a time slot to visit us. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange this for you. You will need to bring your membership barcode upon arrival.
Is the park pram friendly?
· Due to maintaining social distancing, you will not be able to access the Cave, Well and Museum/Gift Shop with a pram. There are 3 sets of stairs that will be out of bounds to prams, but there is space to park prams before the steps.
· We would recommend bringing a sling if possible, instead of a pushchair.
Is the park accessible for wheelchairs and mobility scooters?
· The park is not suitable for wheelchairs or people with limited mobility due to steps and uneven ground.