North Yorkshire Advocacy is an independent, registered charity, which enables people to have their voices heard, defend and safeguard their rights, to empower people to express their views and concerns and explore the choices and options available to them.
North Yorkshire Advocacy works across the whole of the county of North Yorkshire to support people, particularly those who are most vulnerable in society. Advocacy is a process of supporting and enabling people to:
- Express their views and concerns
- Have their voice heard on issues that are important to them
- Defend and safeguard their rights
- Have their views and wishes genuinely considered when decisions are being made about their lives
- Access information and services
- Defend and promote their rights and responsibilities
- Explore choices and options
Read more here.