The team carries out urgent assessments of adults, young people and children and solves more than 90 per cent of cases by giving telephone advice.
The team can be contacted outside office hours, including weekends and public holidays, on 01609 780780
Urgent situations the emergency duty team deal with:
Situations where the team will become involved to ensure safety include those where:
- There are serious child protection and welfare concerns (for example if you think a child is being ill-treated or neglected);
- Urgent assistance and advice is required by families and/or carers;
- Older people are at risk;
- We receive a request for a Mental Health Act assessment; or
- People who are vulnerable because of a disability who need assistance.
Read more: https://www.northyorks.gov.uk/social-care-out-hours-support