For pre school children
Raindrops and Raintots – These lessons are for children aged 6 months to 3 years. The parent/carer is in the water providing one-to-one support. Lessons include structured play, songs and an introduction to basic swimming.
Children aged 4 plus
Each colour band in the rainbow, red through to gold, represents a level of swimming, combining stroke technique, water safety, water skills and stamina.
- red – children are introduced to a structured type of swimming class, with the emphasis on basic movement skills (multi stroke) – 5m – learn to swim stages 1 and 2 – duckling 5
- orange – children are introduced to a structured type of swimming class, with the emphasis on basic movement skills (multi stroke) – 10m – learn to swim stages 3 and 4
- yellow – consolidates previous learning and starts to refine the strokes on front and back – 25m and 50m – learn to swim stage 5
- green – the main focus is building confidence and competence in all strokes, targeting streamlining skills throughout – 100m – learn to swim stage 6
- blue – in this class, the strokes must now comply with ASA laws – 200m – learn to swim stage 7
- indigo – the focus is on efficient stroke technique and stamina work – 400m – learn to swim stage 8
- violet – we reinforce coaching and training principles – 800m – learn to swim stage 9
- gold – this class consolidates the competitive aspects of the sport – 1000m – learn to swim stage 10 – honours